Junior/Senior Trader (Energy Markets)
Sev.en Commodities AG trades in electricity, coal, natural gas and emission allowances markets through energy exchanges, brokers, and trade counterparties. Sev.en Commodities AG also provides optimization of production, hedging, and dispatch control for Sev.en Energy group assets.
To support the Sev.en Energy Group expansion strategy, Sev.en Commodities is assembling a team of traders and analysts in Prague that will operate in European energy markets.
Commodities Traders lead the development and execution of trading strategies and play a key role in managing portfolio construction and risk. Successful Traders are able to utilize market inefficiencies in continuously evolving energy markets using a strong understanding of the market fundamentals.
Traders operate within limits that are determined based on the trader seniority level and the track record. Traders are also expected to contribute to the larger scale strategic transactions with the inside knowledge of the markets they operate in.
- Develop and execute trading strategies for a portfolio of energy assets and bilateral contracts
- Assist the analysis team in developing and enhancing analytical processes
- Improve and scale portfolio risk taking
- Identify short and longer term opportunities based on micro and macro fundamentals
- Participate in portfolio construction and risk-taking decisions
- Use new and existing insights to support idea generation and commodity analysis
- Challenge consensus views and monitor volatility
Your skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to share and refine ideas
- Prior energy commodities and/or trading experience required for the Senior level
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Work with a team of people with a sound commodity trading experience
- You will have a chance to measure yourself with the best in the business
- Join a growing company at the initial phase of the expansion
- Competitive salary and bonuses linked to the profitability
- Flexible working hours, 5 weeks of holiday, language courses and other benefits
If you are interested to join our team please send your CV and cover letter (a letter of motivation), where you also describe how you see opportunities for the acquisition of energy assets abroad, to the e-mail: